Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Poem for My Girl



I push you because
I am good, but you are better
I cheer for you because
I am amazed at what you can already do
I say you’re beautiful because
You are, inside and out
I say I’m proud of you because
I am, and didn’t hear it often myself
I criticize you because
I know when you can do better
I praise you because
I know when you’ve given your all
I hug you because
A hug gives strength
I encourage you because
We all need it
I say “Try harder” because
I know you can
I tell you to be honest because
We all should be
I love you because
You are my only daughter
I am proud because
You are turning into an amazing woman
I am sad because
You are almost grown

And, to close, can anyone possibly believe that this girl has no idea she's beautiful?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment