Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Laugh a little!

Darrell and I are typically fairly serious, straight-laced people.  You know that rebellious, teenage phase?  Yeah, Darrell and I didn't have it.  The closest we got to breaking rules in school was not trying hard enough sometimes to keep people from copying off of us.  The worst offense I can think of against my parents is watching an R-rated movie and telling them I'd watched a PG movie instead when I was with my then-boyfriend and another couple who all wanted to see the R-rated movie.

I think a lot of people believe that if you're like us, you don't have much fun.  But believe it or not, we do.  We laugh, we hang out with friends, we love our kids unconditionally, etc.  We just do it without getting drunk, while being honest, and while keeping our morals intact.  Weird, I know.

So, sometimes I have to remind myself to not take things too seriously, and I guess it's probably the same for Darrell.  Luckily, we have each other to do that.

Darrell doesn't laugh a lot, but I love to hear it when he does.  And he knows how to make me laugh, saying things that most people might not even find funny.  We have inside jokes that I won't share here.  We think it's hilarious to kiss in front of our teenage daughter so that she goes running from the room, saying "Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!".  We have a similar sense of humor.

So, go ahead, laugh a little - at each other, with each other, whatever.  Just laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment