Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

In WAY Over My Head

What should you do if your son has in-patient surgery on April 1st and you accept a new job to start on April 15th, even agreeing to drive several hours away for a meeting a few days before you officially start said job?  Have movers arrive to pack up your house on April 6th, of course!

I had this funny feeling that it might not be a good idea to agree to close on our house in Lexington on April 10th way back when we received such a great offer on it.  But, my realtor convinced me that we shouldn't push them to extend past that.  Of course I can get my boy healed up in time to move by then.  No problem.  Of course I can get him through surgery all alone with Darrell in a different state.  No problem.  Of course I can accept a job offer in the midst of all that.  And really, what's a little 40 hours a week of work from home before the kids and I even move going to hurt?

Would someone please tell me, WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING WHEN I AGREED TO ANY OF THIS???

Oh, yeah, and I came down with a cold on top of it all.  Granted, it hasn't turned into anything more than a cough half of the night, irritate my asthma, sniffly, sneezy mess, but still...

I've managed to get through the first half of all of this only because my amazing parents came to stay the week of my son's surgery, doing everything from my laundry to returning my cable TV boxes, to treating us to dinner, to relieving me at the hospital.  And it's also really helped to have several awesome family members and friends checking on us often; visiting, sending an awesome balloon and treat basket, making cards for, and praying for my son; and just letting me know they are there if needed.

My little guy had a bit of a set-back today, but this evening he's right back to feeling well.  And my other knight in shining armor got home earlier than normal.  Yes, Darrell may have helped get me into this mess, but as soon as he is near me, I feel a lot safer and like I'm not on my own with all of this craziness.  He's the one who has assured me that even if it's not all done, it will work out.  He's the one who has told me that if my new job doesn't work out, just quit.  And he's the one just as responsible for the lives of our two children as I am.  Thank goodness I have someone to share this responsibility with, and thank goodness we won't be living separately much longer. 

And, thank God for it all.  I'm reminded as I look around at all the stuff we've accumulated over the years, I can easily get by on the small fraction we've packed up to last us the next six weeks.  Most people in the world get by on less than that every day of their lives.  We are blessed beyond measure, and thank God for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment