Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

My glass is beyond half full...

Usually I do this little exercise in my head, but thought I'd spell mine out for you in case it helps someone else.  I know my problems are minor compared to many, but it doesn't mean I can't blow them out of proportion from time to time.  Maybe you do the same thing and could try this little trick I use - examining the flip side positive of what I'm thinking is a negative at that particular moment.  Here's mine for today:



Negative
Positive
Below zero temps, again
Good health and warm house

A teenager who talks back and pre-teen who questions everything

Two bright kids who have never caused us any real worries and make me proud to be their mom

Pulling money out of savings to pay for the rest of Christmas
Upcoming, exciting trips, like our first family vacation in years/first family cruise ever (not to mention the savings account that I could pull the money from!)

A husband who never hangs up his coat or puts his dishes in the dishwasher
A husband I can joke with about the kitten being all over said coat which may cause allergy issues for him later, also the same guy who would do just about anything for me that is really important, and still thinks I’m beautiful and that he’s lucky to have me all these years later

An hour-plus commute, each way, to work, sometimes in stop-and-go traffic
A job that allows me to work from home a few days per week, and time in the car to listen to the Bible on my way in and an audiobook on my way home each day that I do commute

A car that was overheating yesterday
A car that is comfy, my favorite vehicle ever, that is big enough to hold my kids and a few friends, while still not having bad gas mileage

A few extra pounds that I’m still trying to lose
It’s just a few extra pounds, could be a lot worse if I weren’t at least trying!  Plus I manage to get my family to eat a little healthier at least since I eat much healthier than a few years ago

Treacherous, snow-covered running paths
Running paths that are there, connecting my pretty, new hometown, at least sometimes plowed, and of course, the ability to run in the first place!

Having to work-out mostly in-doors right now
A friend to work out with me two days per week, and a treadmill right in my basement

Still missing friends and family we’ve moved away from
Slowly but surely making new connections and new friends
 

























No comments:

Post a Comment