Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Be each other's biggest fan

I think I've mentioned that Darrell and I don't have all of the same interests.  We each have several hobbies, but they don't overlap a lot.  We are each good at different things.  But, while we might work and pursue some interests separately, we cheer for each other more than anyone else.  Sometimes, we really appreciate what the other has done or is accomplishing.  Sometimes, we at least understand that it has taken a lot of work.  And, sometimes, we just fake it, and that's ok, too (although if that's always the case, I suspect it could be indicative of a problem).

Darrell and I even have what we call "oooh and ahhh" duty.  If one of us has, say, refinished four kitchen chairs with countless hours of sanding and four coats of Tung oil, the other might be expected to frequently admire the progress.  If the other has purchased a ride-on mower for only $250 and sands off the rust spots and repaints it and gets it running again, the one may be expected to comment on how it looks and what a good deal he got, even though she doesn't understand what was wrong with the riding mower he already had.  Hypothetically, of course...

Everyone needs someone to cheer for them, and sometimes Darrell is my only cheering section.  I love that about him.  And I love that I get to share this life and cheer for him, too.  I may not always appreciate what he does, but I like to think that I'm always his biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment